OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Finance Manager performs all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, liquidity management as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making.
- The role will also support business development initiatives.
- This role reports to the Managing Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
Work duties, responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop and provide timely, accurate and appropriate financial statements and reports for all users in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Create and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, tax management, accounts payable and receivable, credit controls, and petty cash.
- Develop and apply policies and processes to ensure financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Implement and ensure adherence to internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete and accurate supporting documentation for all financial transactions.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts on a regular basis.
- Handle the acquisition of capital assets and ensure they are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit exercise and liaise with external auditors as necessary.
- Formulate policies for budget and forecast preparation; assist other departments in budget creation; prepare the annual company budget, monitor and report on variances.
- Oversee the administration of all leases, contracts and other financial obligations.
- Compute key business metrics and report on them to management; create additional analyses and reports as requested.
Key Accountability Areas & Time Allocation:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting – 35%
- Financial Analysis – 40%
- Funds Management & Budgeting – 25%
- Entrench a fully efficient finance function that provides sound fiscal strategy, policies, planning and processes.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
- Strong numeracy, analytical and organisational skills.
- Qualifications Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, etc.)
- Registration with or certifications required to register with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in financial services, 3 years at a managerial level.
- Sound IFRS knowledge.
- Experience in developing and documenting processes, policies and procedures is essential.
- Management Accounting, financial planning, monitoring and performance management.
- Liquidity management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- MS Office proficiency: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong industry network.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical and financial abilities.
- Able to prepare financial statements from scratch to present a true and fair view of the company’s performance.
- Highly proficient in use of major Accounting and analysis software and spreadsheets.
- Superb spoken and written communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of working.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well-organised, with unquestionable integrity, good judgement and strong professional ethics.
Application Closing Date
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page