OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Support Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Finance Support Officer will assist in the day-to-day operations of the department, and is responsible for financial record keeping and reporting.
- He/she is expected to provide finance support service to the company, address all issues of a finance nature and provide relevant information as requested.
- This role reports to the Finance Manager.
Work Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks
- Enter all income and expenditure transactions into accounting system; reconcile all bank, control and other accounts.
- Assist in developing timely, accurate and appropriate financial statements and reports for all users in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, tax management, accounts payable and receivable, credit controls, and petty cash.
- Ensure adherence to internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation for all financial transactions.
Key Accountability Areas & Time Allocation:
- Book keeping, Financial Administration, Accounting & Reporting – 60%
- Reconciliation ( General ledger, Bank and others) – 20%
- Funds Management & Budgeting – 20%
- Ensure all financial processes are carried out according to best practice and company policy.
- Safeguarding of all supporting documentation.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Business or Finance related degree from a top-tier university or college.
- Professional certification (ACA/ACCA) completed or in View.
- 0-2 years’ financial experience.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Good analytical and financial abilities.
- Sound knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office i.e Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrable ability to handle accounting/book-keeping and reconciliation functions.
- Superb spoken and written communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of working.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well-organised, with unquestionable integrity, good judgement and strong professional ethics.
Application Closing Date
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page