OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Android Developer
Department: Engineering-Software Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
- We are looking for a passionate, career driven Senior Android Developer to join our team. This is a great opportunity to gain significant and substantial experience.
- Drive the direction of the mobile applications in the company to deliver robust, secure and efficient experiences to make our customers happy.
- Design, develop and improve our Android applications across all popular devices.
- Produce technical designs and lead developers during development.
- Build up best-practices around Android development, code reviews and training.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience building native apps in Android using Java (mandatory) and Kotlin
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- At least 4 years of software development experience and Android skills development
- Must have published at least one original Android app to the Play Store
- Experience with Android and Firebase SDKs
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Sound knowledge on android components (Content providers, Broadcast receivers, services, activities, fragments, UI layouts, Intents)
- Fast paced and able to work to deadlines.
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being selected:
- Knowledge of at least one backend programming language
- Ability to work with UX prototyping tools like Figma, Adobe XD, InvisionApp etc
- Knowledge of GIT
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
- Overall software development experience of 5+ years
- Agile Development experience.
- Prior experience working with financial applications.
Application Closing Date
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page